Diagnosis of pancreatic Disease
To understand why it hurts the pancreas, when examining doctor will listen to all your complaints, gather medical history, examine you, prescribe the necessary tools and laboratory tests. Most often, patients complain of severe abdominal pain, which is localized, depending on the affected part of the pancreas.
Pain on the right side above the navel and below the ribs, speaks about malfunction of the head body. Soreness in the epigastric region means that the affected body gland on the left side under the ribs – tail. If the pain is “spilled” or girdle in the upper abdomen, most likely struck by the whole body.
- Pain appear after meals, is given in the left side of the thorax (shoulder blade and back). The doctor must pay attention to your appearance, the color of the mucous membranes and skin. The specialist knows how to check the pancreas to distinguish pain caused by lesions of the pancreas, diseases provoked by the transverse colon.
- The doctor may use the following method: first he will palpate the patient in the supine position, and then turn it to the left side and repeat the procedure. If the pain associated with a dysfunction of the pancreas, the second time, they will be less intense. In diseases of the transverse colon, the pain does not weaken.
If the physician chooses to do any research laboratory most likely be interested in his level of pancreatic enzymes elastase, phospholipase, DNase, a-amylase, lipase, trypsin in serum.
Other methods of diagnostics – to determine the level of pancreatic enzymes in the blood with the use of secretagogues, urine on the a-amylase, trypsin and chymotrypsin in the feces, PABA test, Lund sample. The most accessible method, widely spread, – determining the level of a-amylase in urine and blood. With the same objective – identifying exocrine pancreatic insufficiency – use PABA (PABA) -test. A less common method for determining exocrine insufficiency is to determine the amount of fat in the feces.
The purpose of the analysis – to compare the amount of fat in the feces precipitated, with the amount received by the patient’s body. At the same time for 3 days the patient adheres to a certain diet. To investigate possible violations of carbohydrate metabolism study prescribed amount of glucose in the blood of the patient and tolerance to it. To determine the diseases are also immunological and instrumental methods of research.
From X-ray diffraction methods most commonly prescribed plain radiography of the pancreas as the most simple and accessible method. With it, based on the shadow image, one can determine the pancreas is increased or not. Resizing can be clearly seen on computed tomography and angiography. Prominent among methods of diagnosis of pancreatic diseases takes ultrasound. With the help of ultrasound scans specialist can give a precise answer to the question of location, shape, size, nature of the circuit, the thickness and structure of the gland, the state of the organs and tissues that surround it. If increased echogenicity, it may be indicative of disease. Back to contents Treatment Tablets for the treatment of diseases prescribed by a doctor if you find yourself signs of diseases of the pancreas, it is necessary to take immediate action. Ensure absolute starvation mode for at least 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of mineral water with sufficient alkali content. For pain relief apply an ice pack to the area of the projection of the pancreas – a little above and to the left of the navel. Tablets appoint a doctor, but to relieve pain and spasms, you can take no-silos or papaverine. Call the doctor on the house, and if the pain sharp, call an ambulance. Other drugs may not be used without the supervision of experts.
- Remember that the symptoms do not appear for a reason. They talk about the beginning of the process of necrosis of tissues in the body. So, the symptoms of pancreatic cancer, which may lead to the complete removal of the body, too, begins with pain. Acute pancreatitis treats exclusively surgeon. After facilitating the attack was he able to tell you how to restore the normal state of the body.
- If pancreatitis becomes chronic, you should contact your physician. Most likely, he would appoint a comprehensive treatment of the gastrointestinal tract, including the presence of acute and chronic gastritis, cholelithiasis.